If you own investments personally that are subject to tax (i.e. you receive a T3 or T5 slip), consider a TFSA.

You do not receive a deduction when you contribute to a TFSA, but any income or capital gains earned are tax-free. Consider holding investments that are subject to higher tax rates in your TFSA (i.e. interest and foreign dividends).