All federally incorporated companies must file an Annual Return every year. The return is due within 60 days of the anniversary of the incorporation date.
Online Filing (https://www.ic.gc.ca/app/scr/cc/CorporationsCanada/hm.html?locale=en)
Follow these steps:
- Select “File Annual Return”
- Enter your corporation # [this is the number on your Articles of Incorporation], or your CRA business number > Search
- If the company name is correct, click on box beside name > Next
- Complete the contact information > Next
- Enter the Year of Filing [it will be on the Notice you received]
- Enter the date of your last annual shareholder meeting [if unsure, enter the approximate date you met with your accountant]
- Select “Non-distributing corporation with 50 or fewer shareholders” > Next
- Complete remaining screens and pay the $20 fee
You will receive a confirmation by e-mail, usually by the next business day.